One of the best places to discover soup recipes is Pinterest. Actually, Pinterest is a wonderful site at which many wonderful things can be discovered, but I digress!
Anyway, I've tried several soup recipes that I've found on Pinterest, but one of my family's favorites is Creamy Tomato Tortellini. The original pin is from http://myhoneysplace.com/creamy-tomato-tortellini-soup/ , but I wanted to include it in today's post.
- whole large Cloves Of Garlic Minced
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 2 10¾ oz Cans of Condensed Tomato Soup
- ¼ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped or 2 TB of Sun Dried Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Half-and-half
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 whole 9 Oz Package Of Cheese Filled Tortellini
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
For a complete, delicious meal, I serve this with a side salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!