It’s Random Rambling Monday, and today’s topic is . . .
Hmm. Not as easy as it sounds. Well, I think I can come up with at least ten words/phrases that I use a lot.
1. Basically – I use this word quite frequently when I’m teaching. A student informed me that I said “basically” five times in a thirty-minute lesson. Basically, it’s my go-to adverb when I’m trying to emphasize the simplicity of a skill.
2. Like – Oh, goodness, I hate to admit that I use this word incorrectly, but it’s true. I probably use it, like, ten times in every conversation.
3. Cool beans – If I think something is interesting, I use this phrase. Example:
My sister-in-law: It might snow this weekend.
Me: Cool beans!
4. Okey dokey – I can’t simply say okay to show my agreement. I have to spice it up a little.
5. Alrighty - If I don’t say okey dokey, then I say this word. I’m basically an agreeable person.
6. Creep – If I’m not fond of someone, I typically identify him/her as a creep.
7. Super – I frequently use this word as an adjective and as an affirmative. I also use it sarcastically.
8. Dadcrapit – A little harsher than dadblamit, but milder than most curse words. It’s my go-to for venting.
9. Aww – I say it; I text it. Not awe, but aww as in, “Aww, that’s so sweet!”
10. Balderdash – This is not a word I use frequently (being so agreeable and all). But if I need to call someone on his/her nonsense, “Balderdash, I say!”
How about you? Is there a word or phrase you use frequently? Share it in the comments.