Captain America: Civil War has been in theaters long enough now that I feel comfortable expressing my opinions about it without giving too much away. However, I will attempt to keep this post mostly spoiler-free for those who are waiting to watch it at home. No synopsis or anything; simply my thoughts, my likes, and my dislikes.
1. The gang remains friends: After watching the trailer, this was a major concern for me. I am happy to say that, while they kick each others' butts, they still respect, appreciate, and genuinely like each other.
2. Ant-Man: I enjoyed the Ant-Man movie, and I think he makes a wonderful addition to the team. And, yes, I will admit it; Paul Rudd is super charming.
3. Vision has a crush: This part made me say, "Awww!" He is so awkwardly adorable with his crush.
4. More Girl Power: I am so glad to see Scarlet Witch and Black Widow in another movie together. However, Scarlet Witch stole the show. Her telekinesis is awesome!
5. The difficulty in choosing sides: While I have chosen a side (Team Cap), I see the validity of both viewpoints.
6. Black Panther: When this character was first introduced, I wasn't certain if I even liked him. Now, I want to know more about him. I hope he gets his own movie.
7. Everything that makes Marvel movies awesome: The bantering, the Stan Lee cameos (this one is particularly good!) the action, the gray areas that make you truly think about the plot points . . . these are the things that make Marvel movies awesome.
Actually, there's only one; I don't like the end of Bucky's story. There's no closure. Bucky deserves closure. Now I'm afraid they're going to make the poor guy suffer through another movie.
That's my take on Captain America: Civil War (which I have seen twice at this point). Check back on Friday when I plan to discuss my five favorite Marvel movies to see if this one makes the cut!
Until the next post . . . keep smiling!