My personal reading goal for this year is seventy-five books from January through December. So far, I've completed fifty-eight. Therefore, it's about time for me to list my top five books up to this point. This task isn't as easy as I thought it would be because I've read A LOT of books in a series. Anyway, here goes . . .
1. The Giver series by Lois Lowry: I cannot emphasize enough how much I enjoyed this series; it's the best one I've read in years. Usually by the time I near the final book in a series, I'm ready to bid adieu to the characters, Not so with this one. I was so sad to complete it, and I still wish there was another book or two.
2. The Selection series by Kiera Cass: This is another series that I simply devoured. I featured it in a blog post in June; click here to read my thoughts about the books.
3. Princesses Behaving Badly by Linda Rodriguez McRobbie: It's the only non-fiction I've read this year (so far), so it had to make the list. It was highly entertaining to learn about misbehaving royal ladies.
4. Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin: This was a recent book club read. It has endearing characters and an engaging plot.
5. Lineage of Grace series by Francine Rivers: These historical and biblical retellings focusing on the women in the lineage of Christ is wonderfully inspirational. Plus, I enjoy almost anything written by Francine Rivers.
What books have you read so far this year? Which ones are your favorites? Let me know in the comments!
Until the next post . . . keep smiling!