I am a low-maintenance girly-girl. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but it's true. I like pink, floral patterns, princesses, Disney movies, and jewelry. I enjoy wearing dresses and skirts, and reading (relatively clean) romance novels. But . . . I wear very little make-up and don't like styling my hair. That's why I've had a variation of the same hairstyle for over a decade, and probably will for another decade.
However, I do want to look nice, so I try to take care of my skin and my hair. Therefore, hair products are the focus of this Friday's Favorite Five. Here are five of my must-have products:
1. Chi Straight Guard: I live in an area with extremely high humidity levels; frizzies are a fact of life. This product tames the frizzies better than anything else I've tried. It's a little expensive, but it lasts FOREVER. A little goes a long way.
2. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Leave-In Conditioner: I have yet to find a cream conditioner than doesn't weigh down my hair; therefore, this leave-in spray is a godsend. It leaves my hair weightlessly soft.
3. John Frieda Heat Defeat Protecting Spray: I blow my hair dry and straighten it regularly (my hair is naturally straight, but I straighten it for styling). This spray protects my hair and keeps it healthy (my stylist agrees!).
4. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo: Naturally, I don't wash my hair every day (it's unhealthy for it). So, since my hair has a tendency to get oily, this product is a lifesaver. It soaks oil without leaving my hair feeling heavy and without a white residue.
5. Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo: I don't use this every time I wash my hair, but it is my absolute favorite shampoo! It literally leaves my hair squeaky clean!
Do you have any must-have hair products? Let me know in the comments!
Until the next post . . . keep smiling!