I've been in a Tootsie Roll Pop mood lately. It's gotten to the point to where I'll eat two or more daily. That's not strange in and of itself; the odd part is that I'm craving candy that isn't totally chocolate. So, that got me to thinking: while I'm a certified chocoholic, I do enjoy certain candies that aren't chocolate. What are my five favorites? Well, here they are (in no particular order).
1. Tootsie Roll Pops (obviously): These are the only lollipops I'll eat. And they are essential low-calorie (60 per pop) which works with my diet. My favorite flavor is blue raspberry, but it's extremely difficult to find those. I also like raspberry and chocolate; grape is my least favorite, but I'll eat it if it's the only one available. I really like the new flavor strawberry watermelon as well.
2. Gummy Bears: Who doesn't like gummy bears? I like soft chewy ones, not the ones that are hard and chewy. They're even better covered in chocolate!
3. Gummy Berries: These are difficult to find at a supermarket. Sometimes I find them at the Dollar Tree, but most of the time I have to purchase them from a candy shop. You know the ones: gummy candy shaped like a berry and covered in those tiny crunchy pellets. Yum!
4. Red Hots: I have to be in the mood for them, but these chewy cinnamon candies rank among my favorite.
5. Twizzlers: Again, who doesn't like Twizzlers? I prefer the chewy ropes, but my absolute favorite is the caramel apple ones that are only available in the autumn.
What is your favorite candy that is not chocolate? Let me know in the comments!
Until the next post . . . keep smiling!